Mechanical Engineering : 120 Seats
Civil Engineering : 60 Seats
Bachelor of Engineering
Automobile Engineering : 60 Seats
Civil Engineering : 60 Seats
Computer Engineering : 60 Seats
Mechanical Engineering : 60 Seats
Electrical Engineering : 60 Seats
Master of Engineering
Mechanical Engineering (Machine Design) : 24 Seats
Computer Engineering : 24 Seats
Diploma Engineering : 34,000 Rs./Year
Bachelor of Engineering : 51,000 Rs./Year
Master of Engineering : 90,000 Rs./Year
Diploma Engineering : 3 Year
Bachelor of Engineering : 4 Year
Master of Engineering : 2 Year
Admission Process for Gujarat Technological University (GTU)
Admissions to all the engineering colleges under GTU are done via online procedure conducted by Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC).
It is described as follow:
First and foremost, you need to obtain at least 45% marks in 12th science. Secondly, you need to appeared in GUJCET Exam. To participate in Online Admission Process you need to obtain information booklet (containing a 14 digit PIN number & Password) from designated branches of Kotak Mahindra Bank or you can purchase PIN number through portal (http://gujacpc.nic.in/Candidate/feepayment.Aspx).
Gujarat Board / CBSE / ISCE / NIOS / IB / Cambridge students who have passed HSC Examination (Science Stream) from Gujarat State have to log on to the website http://gujacpc.nic.in from anywhere on the internet for Online Registration.
- To register as a new candidate click on the Click Here For New Registration button. By doing so, New Registration window will be displayed on the computer screen.
- The candidate has to choose course name by selecting the option of choice for “Degree Engineering” from the combo and details will appear on the computer screen.
- After that, enter GUJCET-2017 Roll Number, Application number and Name of candidate as per the GUJCET-2017 mark sheet, 14 digit PIN as given with booklet, Serial No. Provided with PIN, and other details in the appropriate box. Verify the details entered and if every detail entered is correct, click SUBMIT button. Then, the Online Registration Form window will be displayed on the computer screen.
- The candidate has to fill up personal details in the format as displayed in Online Registration Form. Candidate’s GUJCET-2017 roll number will appear as LOGIN ID. [It is mandatory to use the Candidate’s GUJCET-2017 roll number as LOGIN ID]. After that, the candidate has to enter a password by entering with at least 6 (six) and maximum 12 (twelve) alphanumeric characters. Re-enter the same password at the space marked as Confirm Password. For future login the candidate has to use the same Login ID, PIN and password only. So candidate has to remember the password for subsequent login.
- Verify the entries made and if every detail found correct then choose I accept option at the bottom of the form, if the declaration is acceptable. If the candidate selects I accept option, he will be allowed to click the SUBMIT button. In case any mandatory information not filled then registration will not be completed. In such case the incomplete fields will be highlighted by ‘ * ’ with red colour or message will be displayed. Provide the incomplete information and click SUBMIT button.
- By doing so, Registration Details will be generated. If any corrections are required then press Edit Registration Details button. The Online Registration Form will appear with already filled details which can be edited by the candidate. After editing, the candidate has to verify the details entered and if every detail found correct, click Confirm Registration Details button. No changes to registration details will be allowed after this.
- The candidate will be able to take printout of the Registration Details only after pressing Confirm Registration Details button. The candidate can click the Print Your Details button for printing Registration Details page.
- Candidates of Open NON-TFW category who have passed HSC (Science Stream) in March 2017 from Gujarat Board in first attempt and not entered their marks will get Registration Details online by clicking on Registration Acknowledgement Slip for Open NON-TFW button. By doing so, their registration will be confirmed. These candidates need not go to help center for confirmation of registration.
- For other than Open NON-TFW category candidates, as mentioned above, after printing Registration Details, it is mandatory to report at Help Center for confirmation of registration. Otherwise his registration process will not be completed and his merit number (rank) will not be generated.
- For the confirmation of registration at Help Center, the candidate of other than Open NON-TFW category have to take printout of the Registration Details (two copies). Self-attested copies of all relevant documents (as per the list mentioned at the bottom of the Registration Details) should be attached with the Registration Details. Both candidate as well as parent/guardian of the candidate has to compulsorily sign the Registration Details at the space provided.
- The candidate then has to reach at any nearby Help Center alongwith Registration Details and necessary attachments as well as all relevant original documents, compulsorily. If found necessary, then the Officer of Help Centre will retain all original documents and will give receipt for the same. Thereafter the candidate must collect the Registration Slip from Help Centre.
- The candidates, who have passed HSC (Science Stream) examination from outside Gujarat and appeared in GUJCET-2017 are required to submit their Registration Details with relevant documents at the Admission Committee for Professional Courses, Admission Building, L. D. College of Engineering Campus, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad-380 015 only.
- The officer at the Help Center will verify the Registration Details and photocopies of relevant documents with originals. The officer will retain Registration Details and set of self attested documents, and issue the Registration Slip with signature and seal to the Candidate. It is mandatory for candidates of other than Open NON-TFW category to confirm the registration at Help Center and obtain Registration Slip, without which candidate shall not be eligible for further admission process.
After successful completion of registration process, provisional merit number (rank) will be allotted on a stipulated date. Candidate will be able to obtain provisional merit number (rank) with his user ID on website www.gujacpc.nic.in under Registration Details button OR can also view on website www.jacpcldce.ac.in by entering GUJCET-2017 roll number.
- Mock round is a trial process to understand the choice filling process as well as seat allotment process, also to know the possible availability of courses / institute as per the merit of candidate.
- There will be one mock (practice) round of seat allotment prior to the actual seat allotment. During the mock round the candidates have to fill their choices online within the specified time period. After that as per the counseling schedule the result will be declared. The candidates have to see their result by login to their login ID on the website. The result and analysis can also be available on website www.jacpcldce.ac.in. After the declaration of the result of the mock round, candidates can go through the cutoff marks of the different courses and institutes so that they can get an idea of filling the choices for the actual round. After declaration of result of mock round, the candidates can fill their Final Choices for first regular round of counseling.
- Since the seat allotment being done in accordance with candidate’s Merit number, Category and choices given by all the candidates, it is not necessary to get the same seat in the first round as acquired in the Mock round.
- After the choice filling period is over, the ACPC will process for allotment of seats and declare the status of allotment on the website www.gujacpc.nic.in. The candidates can view their status of allotment by login to their own login ID.
- The statistics of the latest allotment status of seats will also be available on the website www.gujacpc.nic.in as well as on www.jacpcldce.ac.in.
- After declaration of results of allotment of seats, if the candidate gets any seat, he can get Information Letter along with bank fee challans showing requisite tuition fees to be paid, by clicking on the link Result and thereafter on Information Letter. If the candidate didn’t get any seat then message will be shown as “Sorry! You did not get any seat”. The candidate who has been allotted a seat, shall take the printout of the Information Letter of seat allotment (two copies). The candidate wishes to pay fees at bank has to take print out of a Payment Slip and those who wishes to make the payment online either using debit/credit card or net banking facility can do so by clicking on “Make Online Payment” button.
- The successful candidate has to pay by cash the requisite amount of tuition fee at any of designated branches of Kotak Mahindra Bank or through online payment within the time limit specified by the Admission Committee. By doing so, the admission allotted to the candidate get automatically confirmed. Then candidate has to click on Admission Detail, thereafter click on Print Admission Slip link, by doing so, candidate can get the print of “Admission Slip” after entering in to his login ID.
- The candidate, who has been allotted seat, but does not deposit the prescribed fee by the due date, his particular admission will automatically be cancelled. Therefore, the candidates are advised to deposit their fee within the stipulated time limit without fail. However he can take part in the next round of counseling, if any, provided he has to give online consent during the specified time limit but such a candidate shall not be eligible to get admission on the particular seat allotted to him in subsequent phases of admission.
- Those candidates whose Payment Slip generated with zero fee need not go to the bank. They have to confirm their admission online by using their user ID and password. For confirmation of their admission such candidates have to click on Result —> Information Letter, then a message will be displayed. To confirm their admission, click on Accept button. Those candidates who click on Decline button, their allotted admission will not be confirmed, and such candidates shall not be eligible to claim the particular seat allotted to them in the subsequet phases of admission, if any. Those candidates who accept the admission can get the print of “Admission Slip” after entering in to their login ID.
- Now, if the admitted candidate is NOT willing to participate in the next round of admission in order to upgrade his admission, he has to immediately report to the allotted Institute for enrolment with “Information Letter”, “Admission Slip” Bank Challan / Online Fee Receipt and photo copies of all documents. The candidate is not required to submit original certificates/documents at the institute. Here, the candidate is not required to make any payment in any manner/on any head until and unless the admission of the current year declared closed officially by ACPC.
- A list of vacant seats will be declared by ACPC after completion of each round. If the ACPC decides to conduct further round of online admission and if you wish to participate in it, you need to give your consent for the same online. You can change/reshuffle your options during the 2nd/next round. If you don’t alter your list, your choices from previous round will be considered as it is.
- If you were not allotted any seat in previous rounds, you’ll still have to give online consent to participate next round.
- Procedure to be followed after seat allotment remains same as first round after each round.
- An offline round may be conducted by ACPC if only; few vacant seats are remaining after final online round.
- After offering admission to all the candidates whose names appear in the merit list or after completion of the online admission process, if the seats remain vacant, such vacant seats shall be filled by the college or institution by preparing common merit list, in accordance with the directions of the Admission Committee and in the manner prescribed as below.
- The Admission Committee shall, by an advertisement in the prominent newspapers widely circulated in the State, by web-site and by such other means, as it may consider convenient, display the details of vacant seats and schedule for vacant seats admission. The candidates who are already having the merit number of admission committee shall have to submit copy of his registration form to participate for the vacant seats round. Whereas the eligible candidates who have not registered earlier shall have to register online as per schedule declared by admission committee.
- All eligible candidates who are either already registered or newly registered as above shall have to take the print out of the registration form and approach to self-finance institutes of his choice for admission in vacant seats. An acknowledgement shall be given to candidate by concern self finance institutions. A candidate who has submitted the copy of registration form as above shall only be allowed to participate in admission procedure for the vacant seats. The concern self finance institutions shall process the filling up of vacant seats among such eligible candidates who have submitted registration form by preparing common intra-se merit list in the following order and guidelines issued by Admission Committee from time to time:
- the names of the candidates whose name appears in the merit list of the Admission Committee;
- the names of candidates who have passed qualifying examination from Gujarat State and shall have appeared in GUJCET examination of corresponding year and have newly registered for the vacant seat admission.
- the names of the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from outside the Gujarat State and have appeared in GUJCET conducted in the corresponding academic year.
- after allotting the seats to the candidates mentioned in sub-clauses (i) to (iii) above, if any seat remains vacant, the institute shall fill seats from the candidates who have passed diploma engineering or degree science course and grant the admission on merit. The merit list shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in final year. Such candidate shall be eligible for admission in the first year of engineering or technology courses only as prescribed in AICTE Guidelines from time to time.
- after allotting the seats to candidates mentioned in sub-clauses (i) to (iv) above, if any seat remains vacant, the institute shall fill seats from the candidates who have cleared the qualifying examination with minimum eligibility criteria prescribed in rules but not appeared in GUJCET or any entrance examination, shall be eligible for admission. The merit list shall be prepared on the basis of theory marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of qualifying examination.